Hello again. I feel like I have been updating this a lot, this probably won't happen as much in the future.
Today was a really good day. My second day of work went really well. We went over more things about the company, such as its business plan and goals and such. A really neat part about working here is that if there is anything that at all interests us we can help with it. Right now our top priority is getting the book on Peru finished, so I have been doing a lot of research for that. In a couple of weeks I am going to be helping a lot with the design of the book, since no one there has a lot of experience with the program. For lunch the other intern, John, and I went out. Again 2.50 for soup, chicken and rice and some sort of salad and this really good like strawberry icecream and I think cantalope juice. It is sort of strange not knowing exactly what you are eating, but it tastes good and I have not been sick at all.
After work I went searching for a place to buy food. I was told that Maximart was a good place, and it was right on my busride home. It turned out to be this pretty big mall like structure that has anything you could imagine in it. The grocery store actually was rather intimidating it was so large. I got a pretty good amount of stuff for seven bucks. Things are really inexpensive here. The most expensive thing I got was some Prego pasta sauce for 2 dollars.
After the market it began to rain heavily so I got soaked on the way home. It actually feels cold here when it is raining and dark. Once I got home I made my dinner and talked to a few of the girls that live here. They are all really nice. Two are from Portland, and one is from Sweeden. The girls from Portland offered to show me around the city on Saturday, which I am really excited for. I was planning on wandering aimlessly, so it will be nice to have someone who knows where we are going.
Things are going better with each day. I am still a little homesick at times, but I suppose that is normal. Oh and I promise to take some pictures this weekend to post here.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario