martes, 23 de enero de 2007

Aqui

Hello everyone:

I felt it would be easier to start a blog about my time in South America rather than emailing everyone all of the time. This way you can read if you want, when you want.

Yesterday went smoothly. I left Minneapolis at 10am and arrived in Atlanta around 1pm. I had a three hour layover which gave me a chance to get some lunch and make a few phone calls. The plane to Quito was not very crowded, so I got a row to myself which was nice. There was some delay getting going (apparantly the water tanks had not been filled) so they played two movies for free during the flight: The Queen and Invinsible. Both decent movies, it gave me something to do on the plane which is always nice. I arrived in Quito at about 10:30 their time, (I found that they are on eastern time here). I was greeted by Mercedes, who is the director of the hostel I am staying at. She assisted me in coming to the hostel, which seems nice. There are three other girls about my age, but I have not really talked to them much yet. Last night I had to share my room, but today I have it to myself and will for about a week. I am not sure if I will stay here, since it might be nicer to be a little closer to work. I am in a more residential area, and will have to take a short bus ride. I will have to see.

Today has been a pretty lazy day. I did not sleep very well last night, mostly just because I am in a new place. This morning I unpacked my things, and then went for a walk and bought some water and food. I accidentally got the water "con gaso" or carbonated, oops. Then I returned home and took a long nap. I think the combo of the altitude and the long trip/stressful last week has left me exhausted.

I am excited to start work tomorrow, I am ready to meet more people and actually do something. I found a map and figured out how to get there, and it should not be too difficult, so that is good. Tonight I think I will just read, maybe watch tv, and hopefully meet some of the other people here.

I hope everyone is doing well, I miss you all already!

No hay comentarios: