This is just a random little thing I remembered about spanish class. My teacher Luis can be pretty funny, but last week I did something that he said he laughed about all weekend.
We were learning how to put together verbs to show that the action is reciprocal. For we talk to each other. He asks me for an example. I think for awhile. I decide that maybe we take a picture of each other.
Nos tocamos...he writes it down and looks at it and starts laughing. I try to stop him so he can add the pictures of each other. He reminds me that it's tomar fotos. And continues to laugh. I look at it and realize. Basically that means we touch each other in a very personal way. He keeps laughing, saying that its right, but wow Erin. Knowing that I had made a mistake. So he lets me try again.
I think we eat with each other. Nos comemos. Laughter ensues again. What? That means you eat each other, like this, he puts his arm up to his mouth to show. Oh dear. By this time he can't really stop laughing.
I don't remember what my final example was, but at least I brought some amusement into Louis' life. Oh the joys of learning another language.
On another note, Luis is determained to find me an Ecuadorian boyfriend. He explained to me they only whistle and cluck at you when they don't know you, and then can be very nice. Right. Latin Americans hate to see a single girl for some reason.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario