domingo, 25 de febrero de 2007

It has been so long, I don't even know where to begin.

Well last Saturday I got up at 4:30am to go to the beach. We wanted to leave really early as to miss traffic. So me, John, Andres and Ferr stuffed into Jeorge's car (about the size of a vw golf) for our trip to the beach. It was cramped, but it was nicer than taking a bus, since it took less time and we could stop when we wanted. At about 1 we got to the beach we were staying at, Playa Escondida. I was a bit nervous for the beach because EVERYONE goes during Carneval and I did not really want to have to deal with that many people. Luckily the beach we camped at was a ecological lodge, and was not crowded at all. It was very peaceful. We spent our days swimming and lounging. I was really careful and was able to not burn at all. Pretty amazing. Twice we went to Atacames, a beach nearby, which was absolutely chaotic. It was packed with people, it would be hard to even find a spot to put your tent on the beach there. I was really glad we had not stayed somewhere like that, I don't like being around that many people all of the time. Plus I think I am basically the only blond 'gringa' in town, so I got more attention then I could have handled for four days. So yes, the two shorter trips to the main town were perfect, because I got to see what Carneval was all about, but did not have to be part of it constantly. I can't really think of any other important details right now, I really should have written about it as soon as I got back.

We got back on Tuesday night, and I immediately started to feel sick. I'm not sure what it was, but something I ate must have not agreed with me. By Wednesday night I felt worse, and fell asleep at about 9pm. I tried to go to work on Thursday, but felt horrible and decided to come home and sleep. Saturday I was supposed to go on a hike, but was still feeling sick. I am actually just feeling better right now. I ate two meals today, which is a record for this week. So feeling sick has definitely put a damper on the week. I'm just glad that I am finally feeling better.

Not too much else to say right now. As ussual I hope everyone is doigng well, and enjoying the snow I hear has hit the midwest.

1 comentario:

aimee dijo...

yeah, there is tons of snow here! really crazy but i am hoping for a snow day tomorrow!