domingo, 1 de julio de 2007

Long time

I just realized that it has been over a month since I have updated this. Apologies, it just has slipped my mind. I think part of it is the fact that I have been here for so long that everything I do seems pretty commonplace. I do actually have a decent story with pictures I will post tomorrow, I loaded the pictures at work.

So last month. One weekend I went to the beach, which was good, but long. We for some reason went to a beach that was 12 hours away...not my idea. Plus it ended up not being very sunny, and we went with 7 girls, which is just way too many people to be traveling with. Ah well, I am glad I was able to get to the south coast before I leave.

The rest of my time has been pretty uneventful. I went out last weekend with Jorge and all of his friends, which was really fun. They looove to dance, and we stayed out until 3am dancing. I was absolutely exhausted. I was speaking with one, and he told me he thought my spanish had really improved since I arrived, so that was nice to hear. Sometimes it feels like it is going no where, but I know I am better than I was. I can even almost roll my r's now. Pretty exciting.

However, after that night I begun to get sick, and have been for about a week. It is cold or 'gripe' season in Ecuador. I have been told it is because of the change in climate, even though one would think less rain would make people less sick, but what do I know. I got some medicine on Monday, and spent most of the week suffering through work then going home and resting and going to bed early. Not a huge deal, but sort of bad timing since I leave so soon. I just want to expereince as much as possible in the next month.

I have two more trips planned before I leave. This weekend either Banos or Monpiche. Depends, since the road to Banos was washed out last week and it might not be possible to get there. Then the following weekend I am going to the Quilatoa loop with a bunch of people. This is a someone remote area of the central andes where there are a couple of nice Eco-Lodges and some very good hikes. I think it will be a very fun last trip here. I was hoping I could go to Colombia before I left, but it just doesn't look like it is going to happen. Some other trip I suppose. Actually I am hoping that someday I can move to South America again for a year or so, and Argentina and Colombia are my top choices.

Then comes my last weekend here. Where did six months go?? The people at my house are already planning a huge going away party, so that will be really fun. It will be hard to say goodbye to everyone though. It was hard enough saying goodbye to my friends in Minnesota, and I knew I would see them again. Many of the people here that I have grown close to and I may never cross paths again. I guess all I can do is enjoy the time I have with them now, and know that I will always have my memories.

Oh a happier note I am super excited to see everyone in Minnesota. I am also looking foward to how clean America is. How everyone understands me there. A few of my favorite American foods. And HOT weather, (even though after about a day I will surely be complaining about this). I know that my life in Minnesota will be different, but it will be good. I am definitely very glad that I have gotten this experience, I think that truly experiencing another country has allowed me to grow and learn how lucky I am to have the life that I have.

No hay comentarios: