miƩrcoles, 18 de julio de 2007

Last Week...

Wow, six months has already come and gone. Pretty amazing.

Yesterday I had my last experience with the Ecuadorian Bureaucracy. It amazes me how disorganized every thing seems to be here, I am just so used to cut and dry procedures. Or perhaps they are just as complicated in the US, but I am used to it because it is all I have ever known.

So basically at about 1 I went to the Migration office. Armed with three copies of about a billion things, three pages of my passport, a form from the school, a form from my landlord and copies of her ID, I don't even know what else. Just a huge stack of random stuff. You go to the office with it all in a manila envelope (this step is crucial, you will be sent away without it), and take a number and wait. After ample waiting I went up to the window. The guy told me to write down my name on the envelope. Waits a minute, tells me to write my address, wait, number, wait, name of first pet. Not really, but it felt like he was quizzing me. Then he told me to glue my picture on the envelope. I did not hear him, and asked him again. He got all huffy and was like do you not understand Spanish. Right. When I finally had my Ecuadorian ID, it is called a censo, I went and took another ticket to wait in line to obtain my permission to leave. In all the process took over three hours. But at least now I am allowed to leave the country, so I can't complain too much.

Besides that I have been busy enough. Two of my friends had to go home unexpectedly last week, so that was really sad. I felt like people were going to be saying goodbye to me, not that I would have to say goodbye to people first. On the more positive side I have a pretty packed week ahead of me. I am going to Pub Quiz tonight for the last time. Tomorrow I am going out to eat with a bunch of people. Friday my boss is having a going away BBQ for me, so we only have to work a half day. Then my roommates are having a going away party for me at our house. This weekend I also need to buy last minute souvenirs and pack. Phew. Monday is my last day at work, and then Tuesday and Wednesday I am sure I will be busy trying to get everything in order.

I leave her Wednesday night, a week away. I am really sad to leave, but really excited to see everyone. It has been a long time. Well lunch break is over. I hope that everyone is doing well!

No hay comentarios: