Weekends are just not long enough. Although I did have a nice weekend, I did not accomplish all that I had hoped.
On Friday after work John took me to his favorite restaurant. It is this hole in the wall where you can get dinner and a coke for 2 bucks. As John would say, I love the taste of cheap. It was amazingly good. Rice, boneless chicken, and menenstra, which is basically beans. Oh and a fried plantain. Pretty delish for two dollars. Afterward we went to a sports bar to meet up with some people from work so that they could watch basketball. Yeah, not so exciting for me, but it was still nice to hang out. We then went to a dance club, which is always entertaining. Ecuadorians, as is true with most Latin Americans, love to dance. A night out without dancing is a complete waste of time for them. I don't mind dancing, but it is definitely not on my top list of favorite things. But I usually try my best and have a good time. We then went to Jorge’s house, where on his cable television was the show Futurama in English, I was so excited. It was nice to be able to watch a tv show and actually understand everything that is going on, not just hope you are understanding it.
Saturday I was lazy. I walked around, got some lunch, bought some movies. During the night I watched Little Miss Sunshine with some people that live here. It was the third time I had seen it, but I still enjoyed it.
Today Caroline and I went and found some pancakes for brunch, which were amazing. We then basically walked all over the city. Caroline is really outgoing, and always seems to strike up a conversation with someone. We went to the park, where artists sell their paintings on Sundays, and she chatted with 3 or 4 artists. As frustrated as I can get waiting for her, it ends up nice because she learns so much. For example one told us about a photography exhibition that we did not know of. Another about a foreign movie festival of sorts on Friday night. She definitely shows me that you don't always have to be so wary of people. Most of them are good natured and can help you get to know the area.
After a long day of walking, I came home, made dinner and watched Bailando por un Sueno. It is this ridiculous copy of dancing with the stars, except the people that dance with the stars are doing so for some sort of charity or sick aunt or something. The costumes are beyond words. Tonight was Reggeton, which is this horrible music that is super popular in the clubs. Plus, a girl that lives here, Kristi, used to date one of the boys dancing for his sueno. She admits that he is rather ridiculous. Tonight he had on white pants, a white vest, open, with no shirt, and some sort of strange black cap. The girls all have lots of makeup and huge hair. In Ecuador when it comes to fashion, less is clearly not more.
So tomorrow I am back to work. I can't believe the weekend after next is already Easter. We get Friday off, and I think I am going to take Thursday off as well. I want to go somewhere, maybe the beach or Banos. I could definitely use a break from the city.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario